- This event has passed.
Spring 2019 New Book Celebration: Celebrating Recent Publications by Former HI Faculty Fellows
May 2, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join the UB Humanities Institute as we gather for our annual celebration of new publications by former Faculty Fellows.
Light fare and refreshments offered, free and open to the public.
This year’s celebration features:
- Andreas Daum (History), Alexander von Humboldt (Publishers C. H. Beck, 2019) and The Second Generation: Émigrés from Nazi Germany as Historians, with a Biobibliographic Guide. (Paperback edition, with Hartmut Lehmann and James J. Sheehan, eds., Berghahn Books, 2018)
- Carolyn Korsmeyer (Philosophy), Things: In Touch with the Past (Oxford University Press, 2019)
- Christina Milletti (English), Choke Box: a Fem-Noir (Juniper Prize for Fiction, University of Massachusetts Press, 2019)
- Fernanda Negrete (Romance Languages and Literatures), Beckett beyond Words (with James Martell and Matthijs Engelberts, eds., special issue of Samuel Beckett Today/aujourd’hui, Volume 30, 2018: Issue 2, Sep 2018)
- Elizabeth Otto (Global Gender Studies), Art and Resistance in Germany (edited volume with Thomas O. Haakenson, Bloomsbury Press, 2018), Bauhaus Bodies: Gender, Sexuality, and Body Culture in Modernism’s Legendary Art School (Bloomsbury Press, 2019), Bauhaus Women: A Global Perspective (with Patrick Rössler, eds., Herbert Press, 2019), and Haunted Bauhaus: Occult Spirituality, Gender Fluidity, Queer Identities, and Radical Politics (MIT Press, 2019)
- Miriam Paeslack (Arts Management), Constructing Imperial Berlin: Photography and the Metropolis (University of Minnesota Press, 2019)
- Ewa Ziarek (Comparative Literature), Arendt, Natality and Biopolitics: Toward Democratic Plurality and Reproductive Justice (co-author Rosalyn Diprose, Edinburgh University Press, 2018)
Additional titles may be included.