Since its founding in 2005, the University at Buffalo’s Humanities Institute (HI) has quickly established itself as one of the most important entities supporting the humanities in Western New York. Scholarship in the humanities helps us to question, comprehend, and transform an increasingly complex world. The most intractable human problems cannot be solved from within a single discipline, but must be approached from a variety of perspectives. HI provides a forum for conversations among humanists of all disciplines.
- Humanities Institute Director David Castillo on WBFO
- Pioneering research shows how Euro-African exchanges transformed West African gender identities
- Visiting prof premieres adaptation of Wagner’s ‘Ring’ cycle
- Much ado as year-long Shakespeare celebration begins
- Shakespeare conference kicks off with visit from Oxford professor