- This event has passed.
Spring Book Celebration: HI’s Annual Celebration of Recent Publications by Faculty Fellows
April 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Please join the UB Humanities Institute for a celebration of recent publications by HI Faculty Fellows.
This year’s celebration includes titles by:
- Rachel Ablow (English), Victorian Pain (Princeton University Press, 2017)
- Ana Mariella Bacigalupo (Anthropology), Thunder Shaman: Making History with Mapuche Spirits in Chile and Patagonia (University of Texas Press, 2016)
- David Castillo (Romance Languages & Literatures) with David Schmid, David A. Reilly, and John Edgar Browning, Zombie Talk: Culture, History, Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)
- Neil Coffee (Classics), Gift and Gain: How Money Transformed Ancient Rome (Oxford University Press, 2016)
- Walter Hakala (English), Negotiating Languages: Urdu, Hindi, and the Definition of Modern South Asia (Columbia University Press, 2016)
- Theresa McCarthy (Transational Studies), In Divided Unity: Haudenosaunee Reclamation at Grand River (University of Arizona Press, 2016)
- Dalia Muller (History), Cuban Émigrés and Independence in the Nineteenth-Century Gulf World (University of North Carolina Press, 2017)
- Camilo Trumper (Transnational Studies), Ephemeral Histories: Public Art, Politics and the Struggle for the Streets in Chile (Berkeley: The University of California Press, 2016)
Complimentary cheese and wine will be included in this event.