Research Workshop Funding
HI Research Workshop funding is designed to support existing interdisciplinary reading groups in the humanities and to encourage the formation of new groups. Research Workshops may include any number of faculty and/or graduate students, focusing on any topic, but they must be interdisciplinary. Workshops based exclusively in a single department will not be funded. Funding levels vary, but the maximum award is $2,500 per year. In the interest of long-term planning, established groups may apply for more than one year’s funding.
All requests must include the following information:
- The name of the Research Workshop (RW) and its principal coordinator(s)
- One-paragraph description of the RW’s focus
- How long the RW has been in existence or if it is a new group
- A list of the RW’s confirmed membership by name, department, and email address (including both faculty and graduate students)
- The RW’s plans in the academic year(s) for which funding is being requested: proposed meeting schedule, possible invited speakers, etc.
- Amount of funding requested
- Other funding sources (committed or pending)
- An itemized draft budget
Continuing RW’s must also include the following information:
- A concise summary of the RW’s productivity and results to date
- How often the RW meets and what format its meetings typically take
- An itemized list of meetings and events in the current academic year, including attendance figures for events that have already occurred
- A detailed budget for the current academic year, including expenditures made and anticipated
Deadline: 2017-18 Research Workshop applications must be received by Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
Applications should be submitted electronically, preferably in a single pdf document, to <firstname.lastname@example.org>