- This event has passed.
DSSN Symposium: Digital Engagement with Endangered Languages & Their Communities
October 13 @ 10:15 am - 5:30 pm
The Digital Scholarship Studio and Network (DSSN) is delighted to be announcing the fall 2024 symposium on Digital Engagement with Endangered Languages & Their Communities. For the presenters and schedule, see the attached poster or below.
There is no charge to attend the symposium, but we are asking everyone to register. Click here to register.
Below is the event schedule:
- 10:15 Welcome
- 10:30 Erin Debenport, “Language Circulation and Control: Strategic Uses for Digital Technologies in Pueblo Reclamation Projects”
- 11:15 Eladio Mateo Toledo, “TZ’IB’MA: Phonemic digital keyboard in cell phones for Mayan languages”
- 12:30-2:00 buffet lunch and poster session
- 2:00 -2:15 Speaker Introductions
- 2:15-3:00 Jesse Stewart, “Media Lengua in the Digital Age: A Journey of Preservation and Reclamation”
- 3:00-3:45 X̱’unei Lance Twitchell, “Replanting the Forests in Language Ecosystems”
- 3:45-4:30 Q&A
- 4:30-5:30 Reception